Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Petty Problems and a Big God



I have been reading John Piper’s Let the Nations be Glad, and the beginning talks about God’s glory and how He deserves it.  I have been dwelling on that subject- God’s glory.  And the more I turn my focus towards it, the more I am faced with the realization of how small i am and how BIG He is.  He is so majestic, so holy, so perfect, so worthy of our praise. 

Today I was reminded of just how much He cares for me.  I sat thinking about how petty my problems are.  My feelings of loneliness and insecurity are so small in the grand scheme of things.  Thinking of a big God and then thinking about my little problems left me thinking that I just need to deal with it.  Get over it Samantha.

Slowly but surely, throughout the day the Lord comforted me in each of my hardships.  He cares for us.  And not just a little- but to a great extent!  He cares about the details in our lives, the little things that we think we just need to get over. 

Woah! This God who is full of glory and is so high above everything would care for me? Every time it hits me I am amazed.  Why? How? Me?

Thank you Lord, You deserve the glory once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment