Friday, January 18, 2013

P-P-P-Praising!

Sometimes I wonder how and why God is so good.  Like, seriously, He's awesome. 

Teachers arrive in about 2 weeks and the teachers quarters has no roof.  There is no money to rent places for them to stay and no available places for them to stay. It sounded like a hole to me. We needed $2500 to put on a roof. Bigger hole.  "How the heck do you raise that kind of money so quickly?"

In all of this, I forgot just how big God is.  So, 2 days ago I decided to totally give it up to God and not have it as a burden any longer.  I got to Mutungo, walked back to the teachers quarters, and as I circled it, I prayed. And prayed. And prayed.  Then next day I did it again.  I think faith grows though prayer.  Mine certainly did. 

Well, my mom emailed me this morning and said that $1500 was in my church account and that someone was going to donate the remainder $1000 needed.  

Let me tell you, when I read that email I was out of my mind excited. I wanted to scream but I didn't want to wake anyone up, so I just had a mini dance party in my room, by myself. No, I'm not ashamed..

To God be the glory. 

And to put a cherry on top, I had the opportunity to share my testimony to a group of Ugandans today and I got to give them this recent example of how big, real, and wonderful God is.  

 

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!! Praising God with you, Sam! He is a great big God!

    ReplyDelete